Wednesday, September 23, 2009

out of africa...

Hi friends, I'm back!!! After two weeks of an amazing trip to Sierra Leone, I'm home with many stories to share.
I don't think I can really go into depth about anything now, but I'd love to have some tea or a phone chat once I process all that I've experienced.
For now I'm just getting back into the groove of taking care of my guys. Chase's arm is healing, but he still isn't able to do much of anything on his own. And Finn is crawling everywhere too fast for me to catch him, and he's also taken to trying to scale the walls (too much of that Nichols gene).
Here are just a couple pictures of my trip, I still have yet to go through them all.
I miss these people so much!!!
This is David, he is so unhappy in this picture because he knows we are leaving. David and his brother had WWF Smackdown every night under my mosquito net. I was so sad to say goodbye to this little man, but he sure kept me busy during my time there instead of me thinking about my Finn.

We have lots of things to look forward to in the next couple months, we are busy busy.
OH HOW I LOVE FALL!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home!!!! :) I can't wait to hear about your trip. The culture shock hits hard, so I know what you mean about needing to process your trip. What a brave Mama you are! You shine such a beautiful light whereever you go. Love you! xo

    ReplyDelete