I think I am bad luck. I think I am good luck. I think I am a good luck charm for others, but I myself have horrible luck! Running into walls, peeing my pants in public, breaking my foot 9 months pregnant, 2 car accidents in 2 weeks, falling off the top row of choir stands while in a high school desk/chair and giving myself a concussion AND peeing my pants from laughing of embarrassment, food allergies, birthing an enormous baby boy, MANY false positive Lupus tests, the massive zit that ALWAYS pops up right before a vacation, a few undesirable surgeries, spilling on myself EVERY time I wear white, choosing the public bathroom stall with no toilet paper only after the point of no return... If it makes you cringe, it's most likely happened to me. I could be bitter, but I am more patient and I can laugh at myself because of it.
Chase thinks I'm good luck- for him at least. We've never missed any mode of transportation (bus, cab, plane, boat) even when we totally deserved to. And since we've been in the UK, we've found some AMAZING finds (flights, B&B deals, super secret pub/restaurant/market deals), things that make you stop and say "OH AWESOME, I'M SO HAPPY I'M IN THIS EXACT SPOT RIGHT NOW, I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING" (which is also Finn's new favorite phrase of the week, well "AWESOME" is).
Thanks to some wonderful friends who took Finn for a whole day, Chase and I caught a ridiculously cheap flight (because I'm lucky) to Dublin. This is THE longest I've been away from Finnigin in 6 months.
Like many families who are proud of their heritage, mine is VERY proud to be Irish. Chase is also very proud that I am Irish (obviously, we named our kid after THE most popular Irish whiskey drinking song, "Finnegan's Wake").
Here I am in front of the Spire of Dublin on the very famous O'Connell Street.
We spent most of the morning exploring though the shops and outdoor markets of Temple Bar, if you are any one of my girl friends out there, I promise this will be your favorite Dublin spot!
We ate all locally grown food-most of which was gluten-free (thank you very much). Here is my hubby eating purple kale and cabbage AND LOVING IT-I may or may not of had a stroke.
And then we did the cliché thing you do when you go to Dublin- we went to the Guinness Storehouse. I am in no way complaining though, I actually like Guinness A LOT, and WAY more than Chase does.
This place was amazing-and we've been on more than a few "tours". It's completely worth doing and so much fun.
If you're ever in Dublin, even if you HATE Guinness, go to the Storehouse, because the Gravity Bar is incredible. A 360 degree view on top of Dublin's tallest building cannot be beat, it was such a wonderful way to see the city and spend an afternoon with my best friend.
Later, while strolling through the rainy city we saw a dead body, and I'm not joking...
Real life CSI people, coroners, the "Garda", police tape, and a zipped up body bag being wheeled off on a gurney. I wouldn't be honest with you or myself if I didn't confess that this was THE most exciting thing to EVER happen to me. I feel horrible for the poor bloke in the bag (talk about bad luck, eh?). And now you truly know how dark and twisted I am, and what my poor husband deals with every day.
St. Patrick's Cathedral...
Shopping around Grafton Street and Trinity College...
YES! TORY BURCH ON SALE, LUCKY!
A fun little fact:
Against many odds we got pregnant, and found out on St. Patrick's Day 2008.
So I guess our little Finnigin is a lucky little guy too...


















No comments:
Post a Comment