This week we were a little homesick for a number of understandable reasons. 1). Finn suddenly came down with a fever of 104, was super cranky, couldn't sleep or eat. I was pretty beside myself since I was in uncharted territory here. After some serious round about conversations, appointments, and tests with the very "interesting" health care here, I was a little furious. The doctor said Finn had a bladder infection (ummm ok) and that toddler boys who get them are more than likely to have an anatomical abnormality (ok awesome). SO, not only am I feeling overwhelmed by just getting Finn treated, we are led to believe that Finn might have to have surgery, blah blah blah. In the end, Finn has 6 teeth coming in and is teething. In my defense he has NEVER acted like this before, so I was oblivious. But seriously? I was missing our pediatrician and my mom. 2). Thanksgiving is not a British holiday : (
And 3). My Finni turned 2.
I want to thank everyone who sent gifts to Finn for him to open on his birthday, Chase and I were very touched. The look on Finnigin's face when he came running out of his room on his birthday morning was priceless. Above is Finn opening up Yo JO JO, and don't even ask me what that is-it's a LONG story, but he looks excited right?
Taking the time to read his cards.
Friday night we went to a party celebrating Thanksgiving with some of the EI guys that are here from the States.
Here in the UK, indoor play spaces are VERY common for small children not yet in school. In fact there are 8 just in our county. On Saturday we joined the masses of parents with toddlers and went to one of these places, ummm hello awesome! My biggest pet peeve with child play areas are the giant children who are too big to be playing there and trample the little kids. These indoor soft play areas are for children 5 and under- and even have separate areas for babies who cannot walk yet. Genius Genius Genius. Finn of course, only wanted to play in the 3-5 area which was 5 stories of slides, ball pits, and tunnels. He threw a huge tantrum when we left, 3 hours later and passed out when we got home.
As you can see, Finn wasn't the only one enjoying himself. Chase actually ended up having an entourage of 5 year old boys who thought he was so awesome, they followed him around the whole time.
Later that night we had some of Finn's friends over for dinner and a Stig cake (UK Top Gear reference).
Finn was pretty excited about his cake, he blew on the candle once and then snuffed the candle out with his ninja quick fingers.
On Sunday I realized I had forgotten to blow up Finn's birthday balloons for his party- so birthday party #3...









Omg! SIX teeth?! Poor Finni :( Hope you cuddled him to death & hope he had a happy little birthday, nonetheless. Miss you, friends!
ReplyDelete